THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Words of Wisdom ...or so it seems...


Blog Archive

VIDEO OF THE MOMENT

Friday 26 June 2009

A Tribute to To The King Of Pop

I was just telling my daughter yesterday evening, during our evening walk, that I much prefer Michael Jackson's version of "Beat It" rather than the latest from the Fall Out Boys. I proceeded to brag that Michael Jackson is a living legend already. And today, he's dead. At 50, it's a shocking news. More shocking than our kids discovering that Michael Jackson was actually African American....

I grew up singing and dancing (hey, I can still do the Moon Walk...) to Michael Jackson's song. In fact, my first debut in school talent time, I sang "Ben" (a Chip Monk version of it come to think of it today)- don't ask...

It's shocking to learn about the death of one of the most talented artist ever to grace the music industry. 50 is comparatively a young age to die. Then again, when death calls, there's no stopping. At least tax, as sure as death, we still get to procrastinate or even evade.....never know how much someone means to you until they are gone. Filthy habit really, when we should actually appreciate each other when we are alive. "Dead men don't talk"..or something like that, I recall a friend quoting from the Quran...so if we want to express something to each other, might as well we do it when everyone is alive....

MJ is one of the few artists that I would drop everything just to see him perform. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Here's to Michael Jackson, I love you when you're black, and then white..or when you were confused somewhere in between...and with your cute Afro hair. May your soul rest in peace...finally...

For those who want to know MJ, this is the song, according to Jackson, that defines him.....




And here's one that showed his journey through time....enjoy...

No comments: