THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Words of Wisdom ...or so it seems...


Blog Archive

VIDEO OF THE MOMENT

Sunday 18 January 2009

THE QURAN CAMPAIGN : THE DEBUT











I jumped at the suggestion from a group of fellow bloggers, to join a session to write about the Quran , once a month here in the blog. I think it's brilliant and almost slapped myself for not having thought of it earlier. Well, my excuse would probably be that I blog to relax my mind , a moment of escapism from stressful work when my fingers hit the keypads , as well as have an outlet of self expression. This suggestion, to me, will bring back the Importance of Being Quran-ers.


I'd start mine with a couple of verses from the Quran that have scientific value in them. The reason being, to prove that Quran is not a book a man named Muhammad just created based on books before him as a guide, eg the Taurat and Zabur, or what he had created out of thin air. People from the past may claim Muhammad to be illiterate, just to prove that he could not have come up with the beautiful verses himself, simply because they could not at the time understood some of the verses that indicates scientific value to prove that Quran could not have come up from a mere mortal without scientific knowledge, but instead prove that Quran came from a higher being.

I do not see the point to continue preaching the Quran, should there be any doubt that it is all man made, a fake, to create a religion merely to tame the humans, or for some party to gain self interest. The beauty in any religion, is it's truthfulness and it's honesty in answering life's questions, so that that beauty may instigate a well founded faith. Having said that, Islam to me, is more of a way of life, a Deen as we call it, rather than a religion. Oh do go on and tap on the blue link to understand what “religion” means, and try to differentiate it with the word religion.

Of course someone may turn around and say to my face, "who are you to think you can interpret the Quran? There are people out there who spend years studying the Quran". Well, to them my answer would be, " I may not be an expert on the Quran studies, but what I'm not is an imbecile. God had given me the brains that functions well, and by God I shall repay my gratitude towards Him, by using it. That and of course there's the Internet" . Honestly, Artificial Intelligence is by far the most beneficial intelligence to the human species compared to CIA, British Intelligence, or Mossad put together.

No doubt I was born a Muslim, but I took Islam for granted and did what was told necessary for me to do without taking the time to decipher it's true meaning, until somewhere along the life's path, wisdom gained through life's experiences,( you know, the Kodak and the Prozac Moments interweaving), have made me realized that the only true thing in this world, is the love of Creator and the love for Him. Whilst Eden Ahbez may have meant love between humans when he wrote, “The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is to love and be loved in return”, I think this is so true when it comes to loving God.

Even parents' may ditch their child,for whatever possible reasons, husbands divorce their wives ( applicable for one husband divorcing 4 wives, maybe after deciding to come clean with being gay..who knows..), fathers may rape their own daughter,s keep them in a secret room underground for years to bear them children, humans may destroy or kill each other , your child may leave you cold in the old folks' home, (although the kinder ones may let you choose which homes you may want to go to), one true thing remains, constantly loving us every minute, if only we'd stop to reach out to Him. He will ALWAYS be there for us. Even your own husband who loves you like crazy may not be there to send you in time to the hospital when your water bag pops, hence the term, BBA in Obstetric Department (birth before arrival), some cab drivers may have tales of the screaming Moms, if you care to ask.

What is the importance of loving our Creator? Simple. You do less out of insincerity and fear as you do for love.. For love, you'd end up doing everything you can to please the one you love, sometimes, to the point of stupor. Ask those people who buy flowers on Valentine's Day, they'll tell you.What better way to know God, but to listen to His words.

Why the Quran?

When God says,

“The Word of your Lord is complete, in truth and justice.”
(Quran, 6:115)

He expects us to comprehend that complete means what it means.....complete. We have God's words on it... “....complete, in truth and justice”. If I were to play god, I'd say, “errr....which part of the word “complete”, that you uncivilized spec of carbons don't decipher?

If His words are complete, then it is safe to say that, everyone who embraces the teachings in the Quran, should read God's commands and practice them, in their daily lives, each an every one of them,ergo the expression "Ad deen". The Quran, to me, is a reference/manual . Imagine putting in water in the gas tank of a car meant to be function on petrol, because you did not read the manual. It's okay, take your time to ponder on this.

“Today I have perfected your religion and completed My favor upon you.”
(Quran 5:3)

There He goes again, reiterating completion and perfection of Quran, as a favor upon us. What else do we need other than the assurance of the Creator Himself?

So yes, I shall start my series of understanding the Quran, with Quranic Sciences. And I truly hope that we will all benefit from it.




Surah Fusilat Ayah 53-54

" Soon will We show them Our Signs in the (furthest) regions (of the earth), and in the
ir own souls, until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth. Is it not enough that thy Lord doth witness all things?
Ah indeed! are they in doubt concerning the Meeting with their Lord? Ah indeed! it is He that doth encompass all things!"

No comments: