THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Words of Wisdom ...or so it seems...


Blog Archive

VIDEO OF THE MOMENT

Wednesday 6 May 2009

"Scratch a lie, find a thief".....

It's been 3 weeks so far and I've attended to or at least heard of the news of victims either getting mugged, robbed, snatch theft and more worryingly, getting injured and mentally traumatized. Last three weeks I've attended to a case of a 24 years old male who got "pow-ed" at 10.30am on the bridge connecting Bank Negara and Sogo. (You know, the expensive and controversial overhead bridge that sometimes gets, yes, flooded when the drainage is clogged. Let us not even go there, err....the topic I meant). Mind you, it was 10.30AM , broad daylight, with people passing by, women, unwilling to help and he was mugged by 7 Indonesians, one pointed a knife at his neck. 10.30am, WTFffffffffish?!! What are we? New Yorkers?!!! Men getting robbed in broad daylight with passers by who walked on by? The looters managed to run off with merely RM100 because the victim told them to take whatever they want so as long as they did not hurt him. Of course they took the money, and of course they hurt him. He suffered mild cuts from the knife, luckily superficial wounds...

I carry maximum 20 ringgit in my pocket. I sometimes go around with 5 ringgit in my wallet. My worry however, is the criminal may run off with my purse, only to turn back to beat the living daylights out of me for pissing them off by having only little cash in my pocket!!! You're damned if you do and damned if you don't...just like a relationship I guess....and we are not going anywhere near there either...

The week after that, a lady economist from China put up at Lanai (new Bank Negara kind of convention center, with lodging facilities) and she came in with raccoon eyes, nothing to laugh about. Apparently she was allegedly mugged by 2 Indian men on motorcycle and because she put up with a struggle, they hit her head and she suffered counter coupe injuries, ergo the raccoon eyes..What's more, the criminals ran off with not Zimbabwe dollars or Rupees or Rupiah, but USD2000 ( a currency that worth more than it deserves to but of course that is another story). Now, I don't think China is all that safe in comparison to Malaysia too, and the victim and another lady friend with her were warned of the danger of walking in quiet spots, but somehow rather, it's either the instructions were given in a language they don't understand, like Bahasa Malaysia, or the translator spoke in Mandarin but screwed up the translation, whatever. Either or, this is one economist who have failed in the risk calculation part of the calculation. It's kind of an enormous embarrassment to Malaysia, to have our guests beaten to a raccoon's eyes..

(Click on to read more depressing realities of life that never fail to bite us in the ass)

Over the previous weekend, over the labour day cum weekend short break, were 2 house break ins in my neighbourhood. One at about 5am and the other during, again, broad daylight. Although, I notice the similarities of break ins is that both occupants of the houses are flashers. I don't mean flashing their private parts kind of flasher, but fond of flashing their jeweleries. Well, some women just love to wear jeweleries, bangles all the way up until the elbows, so much so, when someone were to ask for directions, they'd probably have to use their upper lips to point towards the direction as it may be too heavy to lift their hands for such a gesture. Personally, I'm not into gold, not because of sour grapeness, but I was made aware of the danger of people's eyes looking at these ornaments, some with jealousy, some with intentions, which, bears unfavourable consequences. The best place for gold is in the bank. Maybe that is why, thank God, I'm spared from my house being broken into. No point luring crime into your house...let alone your life.

Don't get me wrong. Crime is crime, whatever excuse there is. But to solve the problem, we need to look at it's roots. If there are people out there stealing, robbing and hurting people just to get money to eat, then society is partly to be blamed. Letting people starve is a crime too. But whilst holding out our hands to offer help to the poor, we need to be caution and not tempt the desperate by flashing our wealth in front of their eyes. It's called "common sense".

That's two incidences of theft. Then yesterday, my nurse told me that her car, a proton, was stolen over the weekend. I cannot for the life of me comprehend why people would want to steal a dumb car like Proton. It's like dumb stealing the dumber... Don't get me wrong. It is not my intention to be condescending. I drive a Gen2, and as far as I'm concern, my buying a national car has got nothing to do with patriotism or similar bullshit. It's what we Malaysians are made to afford and as my idea of a car is that it transports me from point A to point B, safely, a Proton seem condusive and more importantly, affordable (although it's still a rip off). Although my Gen2 gets the "safely transporting" part done, I cannot say that it did not give me trouble along the way (except for the engine....so far), more off than on, it makes me have that little Smeagol debate in my mind whether to C4 the Proton Service Center (obviously they created such center because they made sure even new cars end up there), or to be contented with it..Proton-what-next, that's what I nickname my Gen2. As far as I'm concern even a three way will not increase the performance. Oh, but how did I digress?

So people, let's do some math here. I'm one person coming into encounter of crime victims almost every week, just imagine how many crimes were witnessed by many more and even more alarmingly, how many crimes are committed each minute in KL. Then use the power of exponential and calculate the crime rate in Malaysia. If you are not hyperventilating yet, you should. It's an alarming figure. Police? Phhh!!! The last time I called a police because I distinctly heard activities of thieves breaking into my neighbour's house, they came 45 minutes later, which is a shame because it will take me less than 20minutes to reach KL from where I am at that hour's traffic..How far is the police station from my house? Let me put it this way. If I were to have Swine flu right now, I hardly have to sneeze and the police would have contracted it from my breath. What excuse could these imbeciles give for not turning up on time. Locomotively challenged?

They have been conducting road blocks and "checking up" on mostly foreign construction workers. I've heard rumours that these culprits, and I'm not talking about the foreign workers, are extorting money from these foreign workers. I am not surprised if the rumours are true because my immediate neighbour complained that they stopped his car (he was in the wrong in the sense that he was transporting boxes of goods in a non commercial car.....and,unfortunately, he can pass off as a drug addict, with that ponny tailed hair that sometimes made me thought he was his wife from the back profile; but this is one case I vouch "Don't judge a book by it's cover" coz my neighbour is one smart being), only to demand "duit kopi" from him. My neighbour just created some story to avoid him getting out of his zen mode and shoved them 2 cakes which they, the police men happily took without remorse. As my neighbour carried on his way, another three police from somewhere else passed him by, met with the earlier police eating the two cakes and decided to chase after my neighbour to get more out of him!!! This time, my neighbour had decided that he was going to hang his zen and that was when he told these three policemen who chased after him for the cakes to bugger off and share the two cakes he'd given earlier, which they obediently did just that!!! My god...how degrading!!! And this is our police force mind you!!!!!

And there are some who actually wonder why our crime rate is faster than the turnover of a cancer cell....You tell me, when the government announces increase of Levi for foreign workers for instance, what does that translate to in daily practicality? Here's how it's going to go down. The employers will deduct whatever extra they pay to our government, from the foreign worker. What the government will do with the extra Levi charges is of course another story. One side these foreign workers are getting squeezed by the employers, and another from the auta-rities...Who in the right mind will say that this is fair for these workers!!! And we act surprise when they break into our houses to get money to survive the jungle out there. Wait! We ARE the jungle!! And we allow discriminations and extortions to happen to the poor foreign workers. This is so wrong!! How did we become this society?

As for local criminals, why are we bewildered as to how they come about? With the foreign worker influx, and the reluctance of employers to employ the locals, most likely because locals know their rights and it's hard to extort them,(and of course we locals tend to be bums) locals become jobless and why are we surprised that some turn to crime to survive? Another thing. We should not act appalled when we see Indians especially, turned into criminals. The auta-rities we call government spent more than quarter decade abusing the NEP, when it should have helped the poor regardless of their race, religion etc. This is the by product of that abuse. I am not saying that all poor people become criminals,as that is so not true since we have people running the country who are just happen to be lucky in the geographical sense of the interpretation of the word "criminal", who have the necessary contacts to avoid being sent to where they actually belong...in jail. That is why I am less sympathetic towards Bumiputeras becoming criminals, because with the NEP, the Badan Kebajikan, Baitul Mal etc, they absolutely have no excuse to steal anything, unless of course it's for Kleptomaniac purposes, which no degree of compassion should be offered. And if they don't benefit from NEP due to power abuse from auta-rities, they should actually rob their Wakil Rakyat instead on account of failing to do what they're there to do.

People who have nothing to loose, and desperate, tend to do anything to stay alive, resulting in increase of crime rate. It is the duty of the public to ensure such things like people stealing for food, not to happen. We cannot depend on the police force as we know it's not longer a myth what monstrous creatures some turn out to be.
Here, read THIS if you don't believe me. If NST is reporting this, things MUST be really bad already...

So who end up paying for all this? Let me see. Apart from the poor, don't forget the middle class who gets squeezed by the government, by having to pay tax that not really reaches the poor and the poor-people-gone-bad, in turn robs the middle class because the middle class can't afford body guards as their money are used to sponsor government's entertainment such as Disneyland trips worth 1.7million and pay their bodyguards (who gets to tag along to play with Mickey and co) to guard them against whoever they've oppressed. Yes, the middle class gets screwed from top and from the bottom. If these middle class tax payers are former M.C.GayGay graduates, I'm sure they will be silently enjoying the bottom screw, whilst the rest of us, the mild mannered ones may just suffer in silence and later develop debilitating diseases , when finally, one fine day, if the system failed to kill us, the hospital bill may just as well finish the job...

Where does that leave us, mere mortals? Honestly, it's a frustrating subject to talk about. I think we all know the answers. What we desperately need is answers as to how we can do what we need to do without getting killed, ISA-ed, C4-ed in the process. Honestly, I'm no martyr material, but at this point, the anger within makes me completely decipher why some people blow themselves up for a cause they think is worth it....naaaah...on second thoughts, no one should die from a blow job. Told you I'm not a martyr material.....
...Click here to find out how deep the rabbit hole goes.....

No comments: