THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Words of Wisdom ...or so it seems...


VIDEO OF THE MOMENT

Saturday 28 March 2009

My Earth Hour

Prologue:

It's Earth Hour, and before anyone shun me, this notebook is running on batteries. It's 3 more minutes to go before 9.30pm and soon the lights will be on one by one. I happen to be working tonight, (part time - jalan jalan cari makan) and is paid by the hour. The owner of the clinic, is doing the Smeagol. The Earth Hour poster was posted on the clinic glass door since about a week, but when it comes to money, I guess, people start doubting their loyalty to mother earth.

First she said, switch of all lights, then she said if the patients come by, switch on the light, then the next phone call came, she decided to let the light stay on. By this time, she had succeeded in getting onto my nerves. So I told her, that I'd have my one hour's pay be cut off provided she switch off all lights, and I will see the patients who would are not sick, just dumb enough to wait in the dark to get their , I dunno,pimples treated, when the lights get back on. Of course I'd respond to any emergency cases, err, actual emergency by world standard and not the posh kind of emergency where they wail because they broke their darn nails. To my surprise, or dismay rather, she quickly agreed!! Money always wins it seems.
...............................................................

Anyway, I went back to my house, just within the vicinity and observed the darkness, the moment I drove away from the commercial area. It seems that money is more important than say, making a statement in saving the earth. I wonder where they plan to spend all that money, when the world ends before the prophesied dooms day, in Mars?

As I drove home at precisely 8.32pm, I noticed our clinic was amongst the few shops with the lights cut off. I even told the girls to cut off the lights of the sign board, talk about being overzealous. Unfortunately, the mamak stall was packed with, oh my god, my own people, the proclaimed Khalifahs of the world. It looked like the Puteri UMNO gathering, (which was rather queer since I hardly see them out of the concubine really) with women clad in clothes that ensures they cover what their mama gave them plus the tudung. I dig them. I know why they are not bothered to show support and join the earth hour. I reckon they would have figured that the earth is on it's impending path towards doomsday as scheduled anyway, why bother saving it right? These people obviously did not learn the history of the dinosaur....the extinction part. Didn't those dinosaurs extincted long before dooms day?

Well, we can't pin point our fingers really, to people who do not support the Earth Hour. Most Malaysians don't even bother abiding to the law, what more if it's a mere request for a voluntary action....

Anyway, the scene away from the commercial area was mixed, most lights were out, probably because the occupants were out in that mamak stall, who knows, but it was a beautiful sight to see most of the houses were in darkness. Didn't see any suspicious looking character by the way. No thieves tonight, I wonder if they are having their candles off too.

First there was darkness..........
Then, there shall be light........
Perfect would have been if we were to exchange ghost stories, but my family is one of those bunch who do not believe in ghosts, so we decided to talk about the recent UMNO general assembly instead. Trust me, it's even spookier.......

It got really hilarious until I almost peed, which made me curse myself for forgetting to pee earlier, instead have to scramble my way around in the dark with a candle looking for the bathroom.
By this time it was halfway through and we got bored. So we decided to have a competition, and see who looks spookier in the dark.....Maya Karin would have lost that role in Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam, should we submit this to Suhaimi Baba....(gee.....that explains the smart movies she makes....she's got to B.A qualification)
Contestant #1

Contestant #2Contestant #3 pulled out last minute due to unforeseen circumstances, no, not the Wall Street screw up....some other thing...
AND THE WINNER GOES TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMUAAAHHHHAAAHHHAAAHHAAAAAAAAA....WELLCOME TO EARTHHHHHHHH HOURRRRRRRRRRRRR.........

No comments: